This is an excellent opportunity for a young (yet experienced) shepherd-leader, with a genuine heart for people of all nationalities and ages, to join what God is doing through a young mission-minded church in reaching the community with the gospel and equipping members to become mature, reproducing disciples.
This new Lead Pastor must be ready to build upon the spiritual foundation already established, pursuing a vision for growth and excellence in Christ. This candidate must be willing to work together with the elder board to lead a body of believers, with faith and courage, to grow the church in a spiritually indifferent region.
At Community of Hope, there is the exciting opportunity to raise up and develop leaders, unleashing them to love Jesus and do the work of His ministry. With God’s help, the body will be effectively equipped towards planting more churches in the area.
Following a founding pastor in and of itself is a challenge to any incoming Lead Pastor, yet the biggest challenge facing the new pastor will be the ability to lead and develop the church for its next stage of life and effective ministry. This will involve, among other things, in the first 2 years:
o Developing and shepherding existing elders and lay leaders to reproduce themselves
o Create a reproducible path of discipleship for the church to implement
o Evaluate and develop the present existing ministries of the church, setting clearly defined goals and appointing qualified leaders
o Creating a weekend worship service experience that motivates the congregation to invite their un-churched friends and acquaintances to come, hear, and respond to the Gospel, as well as equip believers to grow in the grace of knowing, following, and loving Jesus Christ with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength
o Lead the church to break the 200 attendance barrier, in order to be established enough to plant another church in the area.
Presently, COH church is made up of 100+ people who love and care for one another as well as the surrounding multi-cultural community they live in, which is 98% un-churched. 20% of its congregation have become followers of Jesus in the last five years, and 90% of the regularly attending adults are connected in a small group. Sharing the love, grace, and truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been and remains a high priority and value in the life of this church. Now, for this next chapter of COH’s story, the challenge and priority is to further clarify its vision and mission alongside shepherding and developing disciples and leaders to raise their ministries up to the next level. Having come through a difficult season and being open and willing to investigate and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, they are healthy, ready, and willing to embrace the mission and future before them.
If you are interested please e-mail us at email@example.com we will get an application out to you right away and we can then review and start the interview process.
Looking for someone who is ready to help build God's kingdom in Canada.
Job post will expire: 01-May-15
Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF WORSHIP AND YOUTH MINISTRIES
Grace Fellowship Church of Waterloo, Iowa is a family of believers with an active, living, growing faith in God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We exist to glorify God through worship, discipleship, service and mission. We are seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth ministries.
Worship Ministry (approximately 30%)
- Oversee all musical, technical, administrative, and creative elements related to the worship ministry. Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Oversight Team to plan the corporate worship gatherings.
- Lead the musical portion of the corporate worship gatherings.
- Lead, organize and equip the vocal, instrumental and other creative teams for the corporate worship gatherings.
- Maintain a repertoire of contemporary and multi-generational songs that encourage full audience participation. Intentionally introduce new songs into the repertoire, taking care to teach them to the congregation.
Youth and Family Ministry (approximately 60%)
- Lead and coordinate the various youth activities for grades 6 - 12. These include regularly scheduled Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible studies, local and distant mission trips, camps, retreats and special events.
- Provide leadership training for youth and adults working with youth. Recruit and train additional adults to work with youth.
- Build relationships with youth and parents by spending time with them in their environment – recreational activities, sporting events, musicals, plays, etc.
- Strive to involve youth in mission and outreach opportunities.
- Provide oversight to the Children’s Ministry
Other Ministry Opportunities (approximately 10%)
- Fill the pulpit and assume other pastoral responsibilities as needed in the Lead Pastor’s absence
- Serve as a member of the elder board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a man of mature Christian character whose life reflects the characteristics of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Subscribe to Grace Fellowship Church’s Statement of Faith found at: http://www.gfcwloo.org/statement_of_faith.php
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in music and/or youth ministry. A seminary degree is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in leading worship or youth and in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of ministries with numerous volunteers, as well as plan and organize events and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with groups of volunteers, staff, ministry leaders and church members in a highly visible ministry and create an atmosphere of team building and shared purpose.
- Flexible, humble, teachable, personable spirit that is willing to work with a team to accomplish ministry goals.
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary worship music as well as familiarity with traditional hymns.
- Ability to play guitar and/or keyboard. Ability to read and arrange music a plus.
- General computer skills. Experience working with MS Office (to include PowerPoint) or equivalent software. Experience with presentation software a plus.
Contact Information:Interested persons should send a resume to Scott Blakesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job post will expire: 19-Apr-15
Senior Pastor, Grace Fellowship of Kent, WA
Does the Lord want you to serve as senior pastor for Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington?
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next senior pastor. (Pastor Sugg, who served since 2000, retired to Florida in December 2014).
The church building was constructed in 1967. The church facility is in a fully developed residential neighborhood and near an elementary school in Kent, WA (a major suburb of Seattle). The neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin. Washington ranked in the bottom 10 states for regular church attendance and religious belief in a 2012 Gallup survey, and this community needs to hear the Gospel.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should contact church elder and search committee member, James E. Miller at 25505 217th Ave SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Phone: 425-417-5853 or email: email@example.com
For more information, please access these documents:
Job post will expire: 18-Apr-15
Grace Church at Town Center, Kenesaw, GA, is accepting resumes for the position of Senior Pastor. Ideally the candidate will be a young visionary leader. The potential is exciting. The church has an incredible facility situated in a terriffic location adjacent the Cobb County Town Center Mall not far from the KSU (Kennesaw State Univ.) campus. The small, proactive congregation looks forward to planting daughter churches with the intention of developing a North Metro Atlanta District of GBCs. For more information please send resume to:
Grace Church at Town Center, 3005 Ring Rd., Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Job post will expire: 13-Apr-15
Student Ministries Pastor
Student Ministries Pastor (This is a permanent, full time position with benefits)
Community Grace Brethren Church, Warsaw, IN
Primary Purpose of the Position: To lead students and the student ministry staff team of Warsaw Community Grace Brethren Church to new levels of excellence in fulfillment of the church’s vision to glorify God by being Christ followers who make Christ followers.
Community Grace is a warm church family with a rich history of high-impact student ministries. We value a staff culture where life change happens in community. The successful candidate will be highly relational, theologically strong, loves students, and has a passion for discipleship, small groups and Christ centered relationships.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Roy Chapin at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Serves as the primary pastor-teacher and leader for the CGBC student ministry.
Identifies recruits and equips all student ministry volunteer staff.
Creates a growing student ministry small group discipleship structure and culture that upholds the values of Know, Love, Learn, Serve, and Reach.
Warmly engages with students so that they experience the love of Christ in his personality and ministry.
Equips students for a lifestyle of high-impact ministry and Christ centered relationships.
Helps parents to learn and own their primary disciple-making role in the life of their student.
Manages the student ministry budget with wisdom and excellence.
Leads student ministry participants in special trips and conference opportunities.
Key Relationships: Lead Pastor, student ministry volunteers, Elder Board, and church staff team.
Staff Supervised: Student ministry volunteer staff.
Volunteer/Small Group Functions: Build an intentional spiritual formation/discipleship culture with student ministry staff and students that delivers ministry in life-changing community.
Position Requirements (Some requirements are contingent upon the skill and experience of certain candidates.)
Skills and Knowledge:
Meets the qualifications of an elder in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1.
Gifted in communicating Bible truths to students.
Agrees with the doctrinal statement of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.
Has small group leadership vision, passion and skill.
Creates space for relational involvement with students and staff.
Loves students and shepherds them well.
Understands how to equip students to lead their peers.
Possesses competency in recruiting, supporting, coaching and directing volunteers.
Understands student ministry culture and leadership requirements.
Displays excellent boundaries with students and volunteers.
Enjoys connecting with people of all ages.
Has developed competency in supporting, coaching, and directing volunteers.
Is experienced in student ministry leadership training.
Pursues spiritually forming discipleship and accountability relationships.
Equips and manages volunteer teams for high-impact ministry experiences.
A candidate who has multiple ministry skills and experience and who may also be bilingual in Spanish would be a plus, but not a requirement for this position. [Spanish is an asset due to our desire to support and expand our Spanish speaking ministry.]
Has used and equipped students for leadership roles.
Education: College, Bible College, and/or Seminary (preferred)
Primary - Leadership, Teaching, Shepherding;
Secondary - Encouragement, Discernment, Administration
Contact – Pastor Roy Chapin at email@example.com
Phone: (574) 269-2443
Job post will expire: 27-Mar-15
Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries
Do you have a passion and desire to join the work God is doing in transforming the lives of youth and young adults? Do you long to help young people know and love God more and learn how to extend His love to their surrounding community?
Bellflower Brethren Church, a member of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, yearns for these desires in their next Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries. This full time position, with a salary between $40-45,000, is open for applications until January 5, 2015.
For more information and application forms, visit: www.bellflowerbrethren.org and click on the Youth Pastor tab.
Mail in application forms to: 9045 E Flower St., Bellflower, CA 90706
Or e-mail the forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Job post will expire: 09-Mar-15
Director, Grace Christian Academy
Grace Christian Academy (GCA) a ministry of the Grace Brethren Church in Waldorf, Maryland is actively seeking a full time director to oversee a school of over 400 students (Pre-K through High School).
The Director is responsible for all areas of the school. The Director is employed by and accountable to the GCA School Board to implement the mission and educational operating policies of GCA. The Director is the educational and spiritual director who provides vision, direction and oversees day-to-day operational practices that represent a consistent and effective model of integrity, efficiency, and accountability. In addition, the Director performs and/or directs all other duties as, from time to time, may be assigned by the School Board. The GCA Director is responsible for all areas of the school.
- Minimum education requirements include a Master's degree in educational adminstration/supervision or equivalent.
- Has at least three (3) years' experience in educational adminstration.
- Experience in Christian school administration desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated supervisory leadership.
- Publicly professes to be a believer in Jesus Christ and has a lifestyle that reflects a maturity and intimacy with God.
- Actively demonstrates the character qualities of an "Overseer" consistent with 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Has a genuine excitment and passion for Christian School leadership.
- Is committed to achieving excellence by educating students spiritually, morally, and academically through cultivating Christian values and promoting Christian service.
- Is committed to living out our mission statement: "to provide academic excellence from a biblical perspective to develop servant leaders in all walks of life who live and love like Jesus Christ."
- Is willing to be a member in good standing at the Grace Brethren Church in Waldorf, Md.
If you feel GCA is a match for your qualifications and your calling, please send a resume and any other information which you feel would be useful for us to know.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Grace Brethren Church, 13000 Zekiah Drive, Waldorf, Md 20601. Atten: Pastor Fay. Phone: 301-645-0407
Job post will expire: 11-Feb-15
Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church located in central Pennsylvania (Hollidaysburg, PA) is actively seeking a full time Senior Pastor. Vicksburg is a group of approximately 100-120 regular attendees and has a rich history of being a warm, friendly, and welcoming church. We have been the “church up on the hill” at the end of Brooks Boulevard for a long time. We began in 1886 as the Mountain Home Brethren Church and have been an important part of the lives of many people throughout the area. We have recently had a very painful church division and have experienced a decline in attendance. We are looking for a pastor who will lead us in healing and provide fresh vision, direction, and leadership.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have, maintain, and exhibit a passionate, intimate, and right relationship with Jesus Christ and glorify God whether in public or in private
· Fulfill the scriptural qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
· Have a seminary degree
· Have the necessary experience to lead a church experiencing difficult times
· Be in agreement and committed to the Grace Brethren Statement of Faith
· Be seeking a church where he can stay for a lifelong ministry
· Shepherd, guard, and have and exhibit a deep love for the people of our church
· Ability to care for our people by knowing their hurts and needs and seek to show God’s love, grace, and compassion
· Will commit himself to much time in prayer and study of God’s Word
· Be an excellent communicator of God’s Word through sound Bible teaching and preaching and do so with clarity and application to daily life
· Be family oriented and have a healthy marriage and a supportive wife who is involved in his ministry
· Commit to full- time ministry at Vicksburg Grace Brethren
· Exhibit an appreciation and willingness to embrace a variety of Christian music (traditional hymns, contemporary worship songs, etc.)
· Be free from self-interest, not perfect, but a man of integrity who is Spirit led
· Have a passion to reach the lost by equipping the saints to share their faith
· Possess the administrative skills to effectively manage the affairs of the church
If you feel Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church is a match for your qualifications and your calling, please send a resume and any other information which you feel would be useful for us to know.
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org mailed to L. Miller at 350 Cedar Heights Drive, Duncansville, PA 16635. Phone 814-696-0803
Job post will expire: 08-Feb-15
Senior Pastor, Grace Brethren Church of Calvert County
The Senior Pastor will provide Spirit-led leadership to the church in every aspect of its mission to reach the lost for Christ and make fully-formed disciples for Him. Key areas of responsibility include preaching in accord with sound doctrine; directing and overseeing the educational/discipleship programs of the church; engaging in pastoral care of the congregation; providing administrative leadership to the church staff; and representing the church within the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches and in community matters.
Cast and communicate a clear vision for the church with defined objectives based on study, research, and congregational input, working with church leadership to generate enthusiasm and momentum to implement a clear strategy for the vision that will reinforce and foster growth in the church’s foundational values;
Plan and deliver biblical, Spirit-led sermons that align with sound doctrine and include a clear message of salvation;
With the input and assistance of the GBC ministry staff, plan and direct worship services and lead in observation of ordinances;
Plan and provide oversight for the church’s educational programs, ensuring that the discipleship needs of the entire congregation are being met;
Lead and direct the church’s evangelistic efforts in the local community as well as in its support of national and international missions; motivate and encourage members of the congregation in their personal evangelism;
Engage in individual pastoral care for the congregation, conducting and/or overseeing pastoral counseling, visitation, and the performance of wedding ceremonies and funeral services;
Serve as the church’s chief administrative officer, recruiting, hiring, leading supervising and regularly evaluating the church staff; directing and evaluating the church’s various ministry activities; and, with input from the church’s governing body, overseeing and directing the church’s affairs;
Provide ongoing training and mentoring of the church’s ministry team, including paid staff and lay leaders; and
Pursue ongoing spiritual growth and development as a diligent student of the Word, maintaining a regular program of study in order to develop new knowledge and skills and regularly participating in activities that contribute to personal spiritual growth and taking regular time each week for rest and family activities.
In addition to the general qualifications described in the attached pastor profile, applicants must possess the following specific qualifications:
Licensed and ordained, or eligible for ordination, in the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches;
Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, maturity, flexibility, and the ability to get along with diverse personalities;
Ability to recruit, motivate, and collaboratively involve others in planning, decision-making, and implementation;
Proven experience in vocational ministry along with evidence of consistent service in the local church, demonstrated leadership ability, and evidence of ability to manage multiple staff members.
For more information, please visit www.calvertgrace.org and click on the 'Pastoral Search' link.
Job post will expire: 05-Feb-15