Senior Pastor, Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington
Are you being called to become the next senior pastor for Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington?
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next senior pastor. (Pastor Sugg has served since 2000 and is retiring to Florida in December 2014).
The church building was constructed in 1967. The church facility is in a fully developed residential neighborhood and near an elementary school in Kent, WA (a major suburb of Seattle). The neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin. Washington ranked in the bottom 10 states for regular church attendance and religious belief in a 2012 Gallup survey, and this community needs to hear the Gospel.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should contact church elder and search committee member, James E. Miller at 25505 217th Ave SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Phone: 425-417-5853 or email: email@example.com
Job post will expire: 19-Feb-15
Director, Grace Christian Academy
Grace Christian Academy (GCA) a ministry of the Grace Brethren Church in Waldorf, Maryland is actively seeking a full time director to oversee a school of over 400 students (Pre-K through High School).
The Director is responsible for all areas of the school. The Director is employed by and accountable to the GCA School Board to implement the mission and educational operating policies of GCA. The Director is the educational and spiritual director who provides vision, direction and oversees day-to-day operational practices that represent a consistent and effective model of integrity, efficiency, and accountability. In addition, the Director performs and/or directs all other duties as, from time to time, may be assigned by the School Board. The GCA Director is responsible for all areas of the school.
- Minimum education requirements include a Master's degree in educational adminstration/supervision or equivalent.
- Has at least three (3) years' experience in educational adminstration.
- Experience in Christian school administration desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated supervisory leadership.
- Publicly professes to be a believer in Jesus Christ and has a lifestyle that reflects a maturity and intimacy with God.
- Actively demonstrates the character qualities of an "Overseer" consistent with 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Has a genuine excitment and passion for Christian School leadership.
- Is committed to achieving excellence by educating students spiritually, morally, and academically through cultivating Christian values and promoting Christian service.
- Is committed to living out our mission statement: "to provide academic excellence from a biblical perspective to develop servant leaders in all walks of life who live and love like Jesus Christ."
- Is willing to be a member in good standing at the Grace Brethren Church in Waldorf, Md.
If you feel GCA is a match for your qualifications and your calling, please send a resume and any other information which you feel would be useful for us to know.
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Grace Brethren Church, 13000 Zekiah Drive, Waldorf, Md 20601. Atten: Pastor Fay. Phone: 301-645-0407
Job post will expire: 11-Feb-15
Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church located in central Pennsylvania (Hollidaysburg, PA) is actively seeking a full time Senior Pastor. Vicksburg is a group of approximately 100-120 regular attendees and has a rich history of being a warm, friendly, and welcoming church. We have been the “church up on the hill” at the end of Brooks Boulevard for a long time. We began in 1886 as the Mountain Home Brethren Church and have been an important part of the lives of many people throughout the area. We have recently had a very painful church division and have experienced a decline in attendance. We are looking for a pastor who will lead us in healing and provide fresh vision, direction, and leadership.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have, maintain, and exhibit a passionate, intimate, and right relationship with Jesus Christ and glorify God whether in public or in private
· Fulfill the scriptural qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
· Have a seminary degree
· Have the necessary experience to lead a church experiencing difficult times
· Be in agreement and committed to the Grace Brethren Statement of Faith
· Be seeking a church where he can stay for a lifelong ministry
· Shepherd, guard, and have and exhibit a deep love for the people of our church
· Ability to care for our people by knowing their hurts and needs and seek to show God’s love, grace, and compassion
· Will commit himself to much time in prayer and study of God’s Word
· Be an excellent communicator of God’s Word through sound Bible teaching and preaching and do so with clarity and application to daily life
· Be family oriented and have a healthy marriage and a supportive wife who is involved in his ministry
· Commit to full- time ministry at Vicksburg Grace Brethren
· Exhibit an appreciation and willingness to embrace a variety of Christian music (traditional hymns, contemporary worship songs, etc.)
· Be free from self-interest, not perfect, but a man of integrity who is Spirit led
· Have a passion to reach the lost by equipping the saints to share their faith
· Possess the administrative skills to effectively manage the affairs of the church
If you feel Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church is a match for your qualifications and your calling, please send a resume and any other information which you feel would be useful for us to know.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com mailed to L. Miller at 350 Cedar Heights Drive, Duncansville, PA 16635. Phone 814-696-0803
Job post will expire: 08-Feb-15
Senior Pastor, Grace Brethren Church of Calvert County
The Senior Pastor will provide Spirit-led leadership to the church in every aspect of its mission to reach the lost for Christ and make fully-formed disciples for Him. Key areas of responsibility include preaching in accord with sound doctrine; directing and overseeing the educational/discipleship programs of the church; engaging in pastoral care of the congregation; providing administrative leadership to the church staff; and representing the church within the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches and in community matters.
Cast and communicate a clear vision for the church with defined objectives based on study, research, and congregational input, working with church leadership to generate enthusiasm and momentum to implement a clear strategy for the vision that will reinforce and foster growth in the church’s foundational values;
Plan and deliver biblical, Spirit-led sermons that align with sound doctrine and include a clear message of salvation;
With the input and assistance of the GBC ministry staff, plan and direct worship services and lead in observation of ordinances;
Plan and provide oversight for the church’s educational programs, ensuring that the discipleship needs of the entire congregation are being met;
Lead and direct the church’s evangelistic efforts in the local community as well as in its support of national and international missions; motivate and encourage members of the congregation in their personal evangelism;
Engage in individual pastoral care for the congregation, conducting and/or overseeing pastoral counseling, visitation, and the performance of wedding ceremonies and funeral services;
Serve as the church’s chief administrative officer, recruiting, hiring, leading supervising and regularly evaluating the church staff; directing and evaluating the church’s various ministry activities; and, with input from the church’s governing body, overseeing and directing the church’s affairs;
Provide ongoing training and mentoring of the church’s ministry team, including paid staff and lay leaders; and
Pursue ongoing spiritual growth and development as a diligent student of the Word, maintaining a regular program of study in order to develop new knowledge and skills and regularly participating in activities that contribute to personal spiritual growth and taking regular time each week for rest and family activities.
In addition to the general qualifications described in the attached pastor profile, applicants must possess the following specific qualifications:
Licensed and ordained, or eligible for ordination, in the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches;
Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, maturity, flexibility, and the ability to get along with diverse personalities;
Ability to recruit, motivate, and collaboratively involve others in planning, decision-making, and implementation;
Proven experience in vocational ministry along with evidence of consistent service in the local church, demonstrated leadership ability, and evidence of ability to manage multiple staff members.
For more information, please visit www.calvertgrace.org and click on the 'Pastoral Search' link.
Job post will expire: 05-Feb-15
Ripon Grace Church in Ripon, California is looking for a senior pastor: • Who loves Jesus with every fiber of his being. • Who will lead by example. • Who is excited to equip believers and able to teach the Word. • Whose heart aches for a hungry, thirsty, lost world. • Who is passionate to reach others with the Gospel of redemption and renewal in Jesus. Our new pastor will provide the administrative structure and oversight required to assure the ongoing health, growth, and vision of Ripon Grace. He will lead and partner with the congregation and pastoral staff as co-laborers with them in the faith. Additional duties include preaching/teaching, counseling, mentoring, and pastoral care. He must possess and be growing in the Christian graces as described in Galatians 5:22-25, Romans 12:9-21, Colossians 3:12-17, Philippians 2:1-5, etc. and meet the qualifications of an elder as described in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He must be committed to the great commission, be willing to work with existing staff, be ordained or be willing to seek licensure by the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, and come highly recommended. He should be family oriented, have an appropriate level of formal education and training in the Word and have a minimum of five years of pastoral experience, including some Sunday preaching. Ripon Grace has between 250 and 300 attending weekly. Many of our young people have gone into full time Christian ministry as missionaries and pastors. As a church body, we have sponsored many church buildings, orphanages and training centers around the world. If you feel called to work with us, please send us your resume either by mail at: Ripon Grace Church 734 W Main St Ripon, CA 95366 (209) 599-3042
Phone: (209) 599-3042
Job post will expire: 15-Jan-15
Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
About the Position:
Martinsburg Grace Brethren Church is actively seeking a full-time Pastor of Youth and Young Adults. In a world that presents unprecedented pressure to conform to the patterns of this world, our youth and single adults (post- high school) are targets of the evil one. The church must come alongside these individuals and their Parents to empower them to experience greater transformation by the Word of God.
Martinsburg Grace Brethren Church believes that God intends to make himself known through effective discipleship within the family unit. Faith in him through his Holy Word will be passed on generationally. Families and churches will be stronger when the two function together. When churches come along side families and families are fully integrated into the body of Christ they become durable and growing entities bringing glory to God. The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will be the catalyst providing leadership, guidance and planning to impact families of junior high and teenage children with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will provide vision, direction and oversight of all materials, budget, volunteers and programs associated with the weekly ministry to 80 – 120 youth. He will accomplish the goals and vision of the church by establishing and facilitating the development of sound biblically based relationships, recruitment and development of mature leaders, and creative – goal driven planning. Discipleship, in accordance with Matthew 28:19-20, will be a priority.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will effectively:
· give overall leadership and vision in the area of Youth and Young Adult ministry in alignment with the mission of Martinsburg Grace Brethren Church
·teach the Word of God to youth and young adults.
·establish and facilitate the development of relationships with those under his ministry. This will include parental involvement as necessary.
·recruit, equip and empower effective ministry teams to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Youth and Young Adult ministries.
·provide administrative oversight, planning, scheduling and coordination of the Youth and Young Adult ministries; and will communicate regularly with the Elder Board, Church Board, congregation, parents and staff the vision and progress of the ministry.
·manage the position of Youth and Young Adult Pastor to effectively reach the goals and objectives set forth by the Elders. In addition, to manage the position efficiently so that other staff, ministry departments, and the vision of MGBC is accomplished through teamwork in an efficient and effective manner.
·undertake those duties necessary to shepherd the flock of this body. These duties may include sermon presentation, teaching, weddings, funerals, hospital visits and anointing of the sick.
Martinsburg Grace Brethren Church operates under a unique team leadership approach. The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will work closely with the Pastor of Family Life and Discipleship as well as the Director of Children’s Ministry. This individual will also collaborate with the Elders and other staff to generate vision and direction for the church. His input will be highly respected. And his giftedness will be valued in the process of shepherding this body. If appropriate, he will share Sunday morning preaching duties with other pastors on staff. He must be a gifted communicator - willing to preach/teach the word of God in a way that is practical and applicable to the audience.
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will:
·Match the qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
·Maintain an intimate and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
·Be creative, willing to work as a team, and maintain a solid work ethic.
·Possess a college degree with specialization in youth ministry
·Possess practical experience with the formation, development and implementation of formal discipleship and small group programming.
·Have the gift of teaching (large groups and small) to be able to simplify Biblical principles in a practical way so as to provide life application.
About the process:
If God is leading you to find out more about the Pastor of Youth and Young Adult position at Martinsburg Grace Brethren Church, please forward us a cover letter and resume. Include names and contact information for references and mail it to:
Martinsburg Grace Brethren Church
300 South Mulberry Street
Martinsburg, Pennsylvania 16662
c/o Brian McCall, Executive Pastor
Job post will expire: 29-Dec-14
Pastor of Hispanic church
An hispanic GBC church, Grupo Amor Cristiano, is looking for a pastor to lead their church of between 40-60 weekly attenders. The church was started by Phil Guerena as a church plant of Northwest Chapel in 2005. The church meets at Northwest Chapel and Pastor Phil, who will be 80 years old this year, is looking for a replacement so that he can retire from ministry. Grupo Amor Cristiano will provide half of a salary because of the size and capacity of the current congregation so the pastor is expected to be bi-vocational. Other pre-requisites are some theological training, doctrinal compatibility with the GBC statement of faith, preferably with pastoral ministry experience, bi-lingual and with the proper residency documents if from another country. If you are interested or know someone who would be interested in the position please have them contact Martin Guerena, who is the pastor of Outreach and Missions at Northwest Chapel.
Job post will expire: 23-Dec-14
Pastor of Worship and Outreach
Grace Community Church of Seal Beach, California, is seeking a Pastor of Worship and Outreach to guide and coach our outreach efforts and to design and lead worship at the church’s Sunday services.
We seek someone who has a heart for God, is an example of a Christ-follower, has both theological and practical understanding of what God is doing through His people, and can help others understand the Gospel simply but accurately in its facets of corporate and individual worship, speaking the good news of Christ to others, and doing good in the name of Christ.
In the area of worship, he will help others engage in worship; recruit, disciple and develop worship teams; strongly articulate a philosophy of worship on the biblical/theological level; have familiarity with contemporary CCLI top 100 songs, as well as in classic hymns of the church, and an appreciation for choral music in support of the generational diversity at Grace.
In the area of outreach, he will help equip the church to express Christ’s love for others by connecting them with compassion ministries that we partner with and equip the church to share their faith through testimony training and evangelism ministries, such as Alpha, designed to bring people to a point where they become worshipers of God.
Scope: The Pastor of Worship and Outreach will
- Be the worship pastor who can lead the congregation into reverent, joyful, participatory worship of God.
- Plan and produce the Sunday worship services in cooperation with the teaching pastors and the Worship Committee in support of the teaching theme using music, prayer, art, drama, readings, video or other methods.
- Be the music director who equips volunteer musicians, singers, and technicians for success. This will include recruiting, training, correcting, celebrating, and shepherding them at all age and ability levels and in various settings.
- Shepherd the lay leaders of our Compassion Ministry Team, Alpha and other outreach-oriented programs.
- Equip others to share their faith by a variety of methods. We seek a pastor with a heart for evangelism, but we do not expect or want a surrogate who does evangelism, compassion and worship for us. We need a coach who helps us as individuals and as a body to do them better.
- Be in relationships during the week with people throughout the greater Seal Beach area and help them connect with the congregation when they visit Grace. Occasionally fulfill formal preaching and teaching duties.
Qualifications: The Pastor of Worship and Outreach will
- Be a mature disciple of Jesus Christ with a heart for worship, sensitive to the continuous presence of God through the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of a strong prayer life.
- Have experience leading others to become followers of Christ.
- Have a consistent background of proven volunteer recruitment and development.
- Have the ability to play guitar (and/or piano) at a worship leadership level with sufficient musical skill that it does not require much thought, freeing the leader to sense the Spirit’s guidance during congregational worship.
- Have the ability to play other relevant instruments (drums, bass, keys, etc) well enough to coach volunteer musicians on how to perform and improve.
- Have some formal theological training (Christian college or seminary degree preferred), manifesting a thoughtful and coherent understanding of what worship services should facilitate on a weekly basis in the souls, hearts, and lives of believers and non-believers.
- Have a deep knowledge and memorization of scripture to be used throughout worship.
- Exhibit enthusiasm for our Statements of Faith, commitment to our teaching positions, and support for Brethren distinctives.
- Possess an appreciation and understanding of a variety of Christian music (gospel songs, modern/contemporary worship songs, traditional hymnody, choral music, etc).
- Commit to full-time ministry at Grace Community Church of Seal Beach.
- Have experience working in a multi-site or church plant (a plus).
- Have administrative skills, experience supervising part-time staff and working in collaborative teams on a previous church staff.
Strengths: A successful candidate will be characterized by
- Humility: works as part of a pastoral team; is mutually submissive; has the attitude of rendering service without expecting acclaim; takes joy in seeing others excel; is willing and eager to embrace a variety of music that leads to congregational participation; is authentic and vulnerable in admitting where personal improvement is needed as an example to others.
- Love: must love the people of Grace Community Church and the greater Seal Beach community as we are; cannot be a person who wishes this were a different kind of church, but must want to lead us in becoming a better version of who we are.
- Pastor’s heart: doesn’t see people as problems, but has compassion for others and a desire to bring the congregation to God in worship.
- Enthusiasm for all-ages ministry: needs to be excited to lead all generations in worship and outreach efforts, since Grace is an inter-generational church.
- Desire to learn: is a lifelong learner who wants to continually improve as a pastor, musician and disciple of Jesus, with the vision to see where improvement is necessary
- Cooperative Spirit: is comfortable working within the framework of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, especially as it pertains to Threefold Communion and triune immersion baptism.
- Gospel-centered Life: exhibits a life in which Jesus is Lord and the Gospel is at the center of how they see themselves rather than adherence to legalism, able to balance the tension of Christian liberty in that “all things are lawful but not all things are expedient” (1 Corinthians 6:12).
For more information go to http://www.gracesealbeach.org/#/worshipoutreach-pastorTo begin the submission process firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (562) 596-1605
Job post will expire: 12-Dec-14
Associate Pastor of Student Ministries
Student Ministry Pastor (This is a permanent, full time position with benefits)
Community Grace Brethren Church, Warsaw, IN Primary
Purpose of the Position: To lead students and the student ministry staff team of Warsaw Community Grace Brethren Church to new levels of excellence in fulfillment of the church’s vision to glorify God by being Christ followers who make Christ followers.
Community Grace is a warm church family with a rich history of high-impact student ministries. We value a staff culture where life change happens in community. The successful candidate will be highly relational, theologically strong, loves students, and has a passion for discipleship, small groups and Christ centered relationships.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Roy Chapin at email@example.com No phone calls, please.
- Serves as the primary pastor-teacher and leader for the CGBC student ministry.
- Identifies recruits and equips all student ministry volunteer staff.
- Creates a growing student ministry small group discipleship structure and culture that upholds the values of Know, Love, Learn, Serve, and Reach.
- Warmly engages with students so that they experience the love of Christ in his personality and ministry.
- Equips students for a lifestyle of high-impact ministry and Christ centered relationships.
- Helps parents to learn and own their primary disciple-making role in the life of their student.
- Manages the student ministry budget with wisdom and excellence.
- Leads student ministry participants in special trips and conference opportunities.
Position Requirements (Some requirements are contingent upon the skill and experience of certain candidates.)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Meets the qualifications of an elder in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1.
- Gifted in communicating Bible truths to students.
- Agrees with the doctrinal statement of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.
- Has small group leadership vision, passion and skill.
- Creates space for relational involvement with students and staff.
- Loves students and shepherds them well.
- Understands how to equip students to lead their peers.
- Possesses competency in recruiting, supporting, coaching and directing volunteers.
- Understands student ministry culture and leadership requirements. • Displays excellent boundaries with students and volunteers.
- Enjoys connecting with people of all ages.
- Has developed competency in supporting, coaching, and directing volunteers.
- Is experienced in student ministry leadership training.
- Pursues spiritually forming discipleship and accountability relationships.
- Equips and manages volunteer teams for high-impact ministry experiences.
- A candidate with worship leader experience and/or is bilingual in Spanish would be a plus, but not a requirement for this position. [Spanish is an asset due to our desire to support and expand our Spanish speaking ministry.]
- Has used and equipped students for leadership roles.
College, Bible College, and/or Seminary (preferred)
- Primary - Leadership, Teaching, Shepherding;
- Secondary - Encouragement, Discernment, Administration
Job post will expire: 11-Dec-14
Student Ministry Pastor
STUDENT MINISTRY PASTOR:
Kish Valley Grace Brethren Church, located in central PA (Reedsville PA), is group of approximately 200 regular attendees, whose mission is to help people find REAL LIFE...one person at a time. We are seeking a man whose primary responsibilities would be to train, work with, and equip leaders to oversee Student Ministry’s weekly Sunday eve gathering (about 20-30 teens and 6 leaders) and Sunday morning Sunday School ministry. Also included would be to effectively address all levels of spiritual needs in the students, and guide the leadership team in a strategic, purpose driven plan for events and outreach activities. There is a need to communicate with student families, looking for opportunities to minister to them as well. In addition, there would be some limited involvement with oversight over our existing Children's Ministry Director, and sharing some associate responsibilities, when needed, with the Lead Pastor. General qualifications are Bible Degree and 5 years of Student Ministry experience (both negotiable).
If this seems like something God may be calling you to, and you would like further information, please contact us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 717-667-2500.
Job post will expire: 08-Dec-14
Pastor of Family Ministries
Grace Church in Powell, Ohio is looking for an energetic, engaging, leader to be our Pastor of Family Ministries. We are a church of 1,000 people with a children’s ministry of approximately 300 kids in our Sunday morning and Tuesday evening ministries. This person will come along side the children’s ministry team made up of elders, deacons, and key leaders who are involved in Grace Kids Ministry. We would be happy to send you more information on this position. Please email a resume, cover letter, or anything else that would represent you and the breadth of your ministry abilities.
Job post will expire: 25-Nov-14