Lead Pastor, Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Winchester, VA
We are seeking and praying for God’s man who will be our next lead pastor. Our current pastor is retiring June 30. Our attendance averages 85. We enjoy a blended worship style in an atmosphere of love for the Lord and love for one another. The northern Shenandoah Valley is a beautiful area and a great place to live and raise a family. We have our challenges, but the potential here is excellent. Our new pastor will be well loved and held in high esteem. This will be a wonderful ministry opportunity for the right person.
We seek a man who will:
Meet the elder qualifications found in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
Be a man after God’s own heart
Lead us in the worship of God
Preach the Word
Possess a gracious and humble spirit
Love our people deeply
Shepherd the flock of God
Be a servant-leader
Appreciate some tradition
Help us move forward in these changing times
Be patient enough to wait on the Lord
Be licensed/ordained in the FGBC (or be willing to apply for it)
Take an active part in our Mid-Atlantic District
Help us to better reach out to our community
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Resumes may be sent to: email@example.com
For more information, call Don Gregory (540-667-5035)
Job post will expire: 18-Apr-15
Osceola Grace Church is a Bible-led fellowship focused on the Great Commission to make obedient disciples. We are a member of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. For many years, the church family has hosted and implemented key outreaching events in the local community such as Vacation Bible School and Back to School Bash, and on Wednesday nights, Highway 180 Kids Club and Driven Student Ministries. Additionally, there are student and children’s services on Sunday mornings that coincide with adult services in order to provide a well-rounded ministry to all ages.
Miss ions Statement:
The Osceola Grace church exists to connect people to God, connect people to people and connect with our local community.
Job Title: Family Pastor Date:12/30/14
Department:Children Ministries Employment Status:Salary
Reports To: Senior Pastor Benefits: Health Insurance
Directly supervise all leaders of children ministries at Osceola Grace Church.
This position is responsible for leading the ministry of growing children in the church body toward Jesus Christ. This person will have demonstrated the ability to recruit, train, and empower other leaders, bring creative passion and ideas for reaching families, and have a strong desire to implement successful ministry initiatives. This person will demonstrate the ability to guide the parents toward leading their children to God in their homes.
Specific Duties Include:
- Qualify and serve as a member of the Elder Board of Osceola Grace
- Oversee all children’s ministry programs (Nursery to 6th Grade). Select, develop and implement the curriculums used for each children’s ministry program.
- Provide spiritual leadership and shepherding to all volunteers and parents through the building of personal relationships.
- Build teams who work together to accomplish the expected and desired results in the development of our children and parents.
- Perform review of ministry volunteers to determine how best to mentor their development, both practically and spiritually. Must be formally completed annually.
- Frequently communicate updates of ministry status, prayer needs and vision.
- Implementation and management of initiatives for the ministry.
- Design recommended processes for each ministry including guideline instructions for each volunteer role in the children ministry.
- Research ministry trends for continuous improvement which can be implemented consistently throughout the children ministries at Osceola Grace.
- Develop and maintain the ministry library of documentation to ensure accuracy and ease of use.
- Assist in the development of other ministries at the church including but not limited to the children’s ministry.
- Education: Preferred Bachelor’s degree in ministry.
- Licensure:Is willing to become licensed/ ordained in the FGBC (or other fundamental evangelical body) and a member of the AGBM (Association of Grace Brethren Ministers) upon hire.
- Experience: Some level of leadership and ownership of Children’s Ministry in a local church. Additionally, experience in teaching and leading kids along with leading adults in ministry. Practical work experience outside of a church ministry is preferred.
** Possible additional (out of ministry accomplishments or experience)
- PMP or similar project management certification and experience.
· Willingness to participate in and possibly lead ministry trips (both children and adults).
- Willingness to undergo project management training/mentoring by certified PMPs at Osceola Grace
Job post will expire: 10-May-15
This is an excellent opportunity for a young (yet experienced) shepherd-leader, with a genuine heart for people of all nationalities and ages, to join what God is doing through a young mission-minded church in reaching the community with the gospel and equipping members to become mature, reproducing disciples.
This new Lead Pastor must be ready to build upon the spiritual foundation already established, pursuing a vision for growth and excellence in Christ. This candidate must be willing to work together with the elder board to lead a body of believers, with faith and courage, to grow the church in a spiritually indifferent region.
At Community of Hope, there is the exciting opportunity to raise up and develop leaders, unleashing them to love Jesus and do the work of His ministry. With God’s help, the body will be effectively equipped towards planting more churches in the area.
Following a founding pastor in and of itself is a challenge to any incoming Lead Pastor, yet the biggest challenge facing the new pastor will be the ability to lead and develop the church for its next stage of life and effective ministry. This will involve, among other things, in the first 2 years:
o Developing and shepherding existing elders and lay leaders to reproduce themselves
o Create a reproducible path of discipleship for the church to implement
o Evaluate and develop the present existing ministries of the church, setting clearly defined goals and appointing qualified leaders
o Creating a weekend worship service experience that motivates the congregation to invite their un-churched friends and acquaintances to come, hear, and respond to the Gospel, as well as equip believers to grow in the grace of knowing, following, and loving Jesus Christ with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength
o Lead the church to break the 200 attendance barrier, in order to be established enough to plant another church in the area.
Presently, COH church is made up of 100+ people who love and care for one another as well as the surrounding multi-cultural community they live in, which is 98% un-churched. 20% of its congregation have become followers of Jesus in the last five years, and 90% of the regularly attending adults are connected in a small group. Sharing the love, grace, and truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been and remains a high priority and value in the life of this church. Now, for this next chapter of COH’s story, the challenge and priority is to further clarify its vision and mission alongside shepherding and developing disciples and leaders to raise their ministries up to the next level. Having come through a difficult season and being open and willing to investigate and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, they are healthy, ready, and willing to embrace the mission and future before them.
If you are interested please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will get an application out to you right away and we can then review and start the interview process.
Looking for someone who is ready to help build God's kingdom in Canada.
Job post will expire: 01-May-15
Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF WORSHIP AND YOUTH MINISTRIES
Grace Fellowship Church of Waterloo, Iowa is a family of believers with an active, living, growing faith in God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We exist to glorify God through worship, discipleship, service and mission. We are seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth ministries.
Worship Ministry (approximately 30%)
- Oversee all musical, technical, administrative, and creative elements related to the worship ministry. Work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Oversight Team to plan the corporate worship gatherings.
- Lead the musical portion of the corporate worship gatherings.
- Lead, organize and equip the vocal, instrumental and other creative teams for the corporate worship gatherings.
- Maintain a repertoire of contemporary and multi-generational songs that encourage full audience participation. Intentionally introduce new songs into the repertoire, taking care to teach them to the congregation.
Youth and Family Ministry (approximately 60%)
- Lead and coordinate the various youth activities for grades 6 - 12. These include regularly scheduled Sunday morning and Wednesday evening Bible studies, local and distant mission trips, camps, retreats and special events.
- Provide leadership training for youth and adults working with youth. Recruit and train additional adults to work with youth.
- Build relationships with youth and parents by spending time with them in their environment – recreational activities, sporting events, musicals, plays, etc.
- Strive to involve youth in mission and outreach opportunities.
- Provide oversight to the Children’s Ministry
Other Ministry Opportunities (approximately 10%)
- Fill the pulpit and assume other pastoral responsibilities as needed in the Lead Pastor’s absence
- Serve as a member of the elder board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a man of mature Christian character whose life reflects the characteristics of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Subscribe to Grace Fellowship Church’s Statement of Faith found at: http://www.gfcwloo.org/statement_of_faith.php
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in music and/or youth ministry. A seminary degree is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in leading worship or youth and in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills to manage the day-to-day operations of ministries with numerous volunteers, as well as plan and organize events and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with groups of volunteers, staff, ministry leaders and church members in a highly visible ministry and create an atmosphere of team building and shared purpose.
- Flexible, humble, teachable, personable spirit that is willing to work with a team to accomplish ministry goals.
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary worship music as well as familiarity with traditional hymns.
- Ability to play guitar and/or keyboard. Ability to read and arrange music a plus.
- General computer skills. Experience working with MS Office (to include PowerPoint) or equivalent software. Experience with presentation software a plus.
Contact Information:Interested persons should send a resume to Scott Blakesley at email@example.com.
Job post will expire: 19-Apr-15
Senior Pastor, Grace Fellowship of Kent, WA
Does the Lord want you to serve as senior pastor for Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington?
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next senior pastor. (Pastor Sugg, who served since 2000, retired to Florida in December 2014).
The church building was constructed in 1967. The church facility is in a fully developed residential neighborhood and near an elementary school in Kent, WA (a major suburb of Seattle). The neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin. Washington ranked in the bottom 10 states for regular church attendance and religious belief in a 2012 Gallup survey, and this community needs to hear the Gospel.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should contact church elder and search committee member, James E. Miller at 25505 217th Ave SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Phone: 425-417-5853 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please access these documents:
Job post will expire: 18-Apr-15
Grace Church at Town Center, Kenesaw, GA, is accepting resumes for the position of Senior Pastor. Ideally the candidate will be a young visionary leader. The potential is exciting. The church has an incredible facility situated in a terriffic location adjacent the Cobb County Town Center Mall not far from the KSU (Kennesaw State Univ.) campus. The small, proactive congregation looks forward to planting daughter churches with the intention of developing a North Metro Atlanta District of GBCs. For more information please send resume to:
Grace Church at Town Center, 3005 Ring Rd., Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Job post will expire: 13-Apr-15
Student Ministries Pastor
Student Ministries Pastor (This is a permanent, full time position with benefits)
Community Grace Brethren Church, Warsaw, IN
Primary Purpose of the Position: To lead students and the student ministry staff team of Warsaw Community Grace Brethren Church to new levels of excellence in fulfillment of the church’s vision to glorify God by being Christ followers who make Christ followers.
Community Grace is a warm church family with a rich history of high-impact student ministries. We value a staff culture where life change happens in community. The successful candidate will be highly relational, theologically strong, loves students, and has a passion for discipleship, small groups and Christ centered relationships.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Roy Chapin at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
Serves as the primary pastor-teacher and leader for the CGBC student ministry.
Identifies recruits and equips all student ministry volunteer staff.
Creates a growing student ministry small group discipleship structure and culture that upholds the values of Know, Love, Learn, Serve, and Reach.
Warmly engages with students so that they experience the love of Christ in his personality and ministry.
Equips students for a lifestyle of high-impact ministry and Christ centered relationships.
Helps parents to learn and own their primary disciple-making role in the life of their student.
Manages the student ministry budget with wisdom and excellence.
Leads student ministry participants in special trips and conference opportunities.
Key Relationships: Lead Pastor, student ministry volunteers, Elder Board, and church staff team.
Staff Supervised: Student ministry volunteer staff.
Volunteer/Small Group Functions: Build an intentional spiritual formation/discipleship culture with student ministry staff and students that delivers ministry in life-changing community.
Position Requirements (Some requirements are contingent upon the skill and experience of certain candidates.)
Skills and Knowledge:
Meets the qualifications of an elder in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1.
Gifted in communicating Bible truths to students.
Agrees with the doctrinal statement of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.
Has small group leadership vision, passion and skill.
Creates space for relational involvement with students and staff.
Loves students and shepherds them well.
Understands how to equip students to lead their peers.
Possesses competency in recruiting, supporting, coaching and directing volunteers.
Understands student ministry culture and leadership requirements.
Displays excellent boundaries with students and volunteers.
Enjoys connecting with people of all ages.
Has developed competency in supporting, coaching, and directing volunteers.
Is experienced in student ministry leadership training.
Pursues spiritually forming discipleship and accountability relationships.
Equips and manages volunteer teams for high-impact ministry experiences.
A candidate who has multiple ministry skills and experience and who may also be bilingual in Spanish would be a plus, but not a requirement for this position. [Spanish is an asset due to our desire to support and expand our Spanish speaking ministry.]
Has used and equipped students for leadership roles.
Education: College, Bible College, and/or Seminary (preferred)
Primary - Leadership, Teaching, Shepherding;
Secondary - Encouragement, Discernment, Administration
Contact – Pastor Roy Chapin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (574) 269-2443
Job post will expire: 27-Mar-15
Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries
Do you have a passion and desire to join the work God is doing in transforming the lives of youth and young adults? Do you long to help young people know and love God more and learn how to extend His love to their surrounding community?
Bellflower Brethren Church, a member of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, yearns for these desires in their next Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries. This full time position, with a salary between $40-45,000, is open for applications until January 5, 2015.
For more information and application forms, visit: www.bellflowerbrethren.org and click on the Youth Pastor tab.
Mail in application forms to: 9045 E Flower St., Bellflower, CA 90706
Or e-mail the forms to: email@example.com
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Job post will expire: 09-Mar-15